About Gardening For Kids
We are a family team; Louise and Mark and their daughters Alice and Sarah.
- Sarah is the entrepreneur; she came up with the idea, and now gets creative with the website, social media and products
- Louise is the expert gardener. A long-time biology teacher, she tends our own garden and has had several allotments in the past. Louise knows everything there is to know about our products and can inspire anyone to get growing!
- Mark is the computer-wrangler; he deals with the technology, finance, admin and process side of GFK.
- Alice is the wordsmith; she is a professional writer and looks after all the wordy things!
- James and Josh also help out too, hand delivering, taking pictures and manning the GFK stall.
We live in a small farming village in North Essex. Many of our pictures have been taken in our own gardens.
We hope to inspire the next generation of gardeners! Children are instinctively curious and love to join in with the adults around them, and having their own kids' gardening gloves, tools and accessories makes them feel special. Why not give them their own seeds to grow in brightly coloured plant pots? Looking after growing plants teaches children responsibility, and a gives them a huge sense of achievement when the plants flower.
This is our first foray into the world of online business; we hope you like what we have on offer. Everything we do aims to inspire children about the wonderful world of gardening, and encourage them to care for the world they live in. On our site, you will find educational, unusual and fun children's gardening products, and a wealth of information.
Enjoy browsing, and happy gardening!